Thursday, September 30, 2010

RPG Maker: 2D Games in Development

While I stopped making some MS Paint art. I started getting interested in making games using RPG Maker XP. I had to look on many tutorials to understand how to make it work. One of my inspiration was Amanda of Amaranth games. My sister played her first free game called Ahriman's Prophecy then onto the Aveyond Series. Many casual gamers know her for this. I am also inspired since she is also a girl just like us and she managed to finish and successfully release a game. While programming is not really our forte, hopefully we can accomplish and finish the game we started making. Oh I wonder how many years will pass, 10 years? Ohoho >D Here are some screen shots so far.

Characters
We planned to have 4 main characters for the game for now.


Maps:
I'm planning to use custom made tilesets. I have to say it is very time consuming indeed and tricky to make. Patience is indeed a virtue when doing pixels!

Tent




Interior House


I have finished the interior of the houses for the small town I'm making, I may change or add some items eventually. This is actually "Bahay Kubo" inspired. I thought we can incorporate some of our country's native houses for a change.

I am still halfway finishing the town, I will post updates when I finish more tilesets and maps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment